- Explore conflict management principles and professional integrity through review of healthcare personnel conflict management review.
- This conflict management assignment gives you the opportunity to review common conflict scenarios in clinical practice, and reflect on appropriate resolution strategies. This gives you a review of an evidence based approach to a training conflict management in healthcare settings.
- Critically access conflict management as it relates to team building in clinical practice
Students will reference the conflict case management study from the nursing literature. Students will develop a summary and reflection consensus of strategies used to resolve the case review. Support your summary using a minimum of three academically credible sources in addition to the source provided.
Please retrieve and read the following Journal article from the Library.
Forbat, L., Simons, J., Sayer, C., Davies, M., Barclay, S (2017). Training pediatric healthcare staff in recognizing, understanding and managing conflict with patients and families: findings from a survey on immediate 6-month impact. Archives of Disease in Childhood, 102 (3): 250.
Students are expected to:
- Create a 5-10, 6-8, (etc.) slide PowerPoint presentation not including the title slide or reference slide addressing the following:
- Create a brief and concise overview of the case study within the PowerPoint slides;
- Reference a minimum of three academically credible sources in addition to the source provided;
- As a team, develop a Poster Project using PowerPoint, like an executive summary, critically assessing conflict management principles used in the case for clinical practice;
- Submit the Summary and Poster Slide to the Unit 8 Dropbox
To view the Grading Rubric for this Assignment, please visit the Grading Rubrics section of the Course Resources.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- conduct a spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th Edition format.
- Please see the Writing Center located in the Academic Success Center in the student portal for assistance with writing, APA, and online communication. https://campus2.purdueglobal.edu/page/writing-center
How to Submit:
Submit your Assignment to the unit Dropbox before midnight on the last day of the unit.
When you are ready to submit your Assignment, select the unit Dropbox then attach your file. Make sure to save a copy of the Assignment you submit.
Expert Solution Preview
The importance of conflict management in healthcare settings cannot be overstated. Conflict can arise between healthcare personnel, patients, and their families, and it is essential to have appropriate resolution strategies in place. In this assignment, students will review a conflict case management study from the nursing literature and develop a summary and reflection consensus of strategies used to resolve the case review.
The task for this assignment is to create a PowerPoint presentation of 5-10 slides that includes an overview of the case study and a critical assessment of the conflict management principles used in clinical practice. Additionally, a minimum of three academically credible sources in addition to the source provided should be included.
As the medical professor in charge of creating college assignments, I would emphasize the importance of choosing credible sources from reputable academic journals. Furthermore, the summary and reflection consensus must be well-supported by the selected sources.
It is crucial to ensure that the PowerPoint presentation follows the conventions of Standard English and uses APA 6th Edition format. Students must conduct a spelling and grammatical check to minimize errors and ensure the work is well ordered, logical, and unified.
Finally, the importance of submitting the Assignment to the unit Dropbox before midnight on the last day of the unit cannot be overemphasized. It is also essential to make sure to save a copy of the assignment submitted.
#Purpose #Explore #conflict #management #principles #professional